If you didn’t know already, we love Christmas!
We especially love getting creative in the kitchen at this time of the year to help get into the Christmas spirit, while also staying on track with our health and fitness goals. One of our favourite quick and easy festive recipes is this delicious Gingerbread Smoothie. It’s thick and creamy with a hint of sweet vanilla and subtle spices, making it a fantastic way to enjoy all the flavours of gingerbread without any of the added sugars and extra calories. Plus it’s dairy free, so anyone can enjoy it!
This recipe is a great way to put a festive twist on your usual smoothie recipes and an easy way to get in a healthy, protein-packed breakfast or snack. Plus, you’re getting the added benefits from our Ignite Pro plant-based thermogenic protein to nourish and strengthen your digestive health, boost energy levels and enhance fat burning throughout the day!
Here’s the recipe:
FESTIVE GINGERBREAD SMOOTHIE
- 500ml (2 metric cups) dairy or non-dairy milk (we used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 scoops Ignite Pro in vanilla flavour
- 200g frozen banana
- 1 tbsp honey (or preferred alternative)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup ice
- Non-dairy whipped cream or whipped coconut cream
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Divide between two glasses. Top with whipped cream (optional) and ground cinnamon.
If you try out this recipe, be sure to snap a pic and tag us @the_natural_transformer so we can share your creations!