Choosing to be active and stay somewhat conscious of your food and drink choices doesn’t have to mean total deprivation especially over the holiday season. Find a happy medium and you'll feel more energetic and satisfied over the holidays.
Eat, drink and enjoy your feast then get ready to kick your New Year goals with us in January! Find a few of our favourite holiday recipes below!
GRILLED PEACH AND ROCKET SALAD
4 peaches cut into quarters
4 large handfuls baby rocket
1⁄2 cup crumbled soft feta
(macadamia or cow’s milk)
1⁄2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
1/3 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. honey
- Preheat BBQ grill to high. Place peaches, cut side down and grill for about 4 minutes, turning on all sides
- To make the dressing: whisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper until well combined.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together rocket, feta, mint, pistachios and dressing until combined. Serve grilled peaches over salad.
This salad will serve 4 as a main or 8 as a side salad and would taste great
paired with BBQ’d meat or tofu
As a main: CALS 380 P10g F30g C13g
NO-BAKE LAMINGTON ENERGY BARS
12 medjool dates
2.5 cups shredded coconut
1 scoop Ignite Pro
2 tablespoons cacao powder
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
3-4 tablespoons water
2 x identical square cake tins
- Blitz all ingredients except for the water in a food processor until a dry crumbly mixture forms.
- Slowly add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture is just wet enough to hold together when you squish it. Remember to scrape down sides with a spatula every now and then.
- Line the first square cake tin with baking paper. Press slice mixture into lined cake tin using a spatula then cover with another sheet of baking paper. Place your second empty cake tin inside the tin with the slice mixture and place on the floor. Using your hands, press down as hard as you can on the base of the cake tin. This step will compact the mixture and prevent your energy bars falling apart.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before removing from cake tin and slicing into 8 even sized energy bars
Keep these energy bars on hand during the silly season for a convenient and satisfying snack that will stop you reaching for those fruit mince pies.
Nutrition Breakdown: CALS 304 P5g F20g C25g
1 SERVE = 1 SLICE
FROZEN MANGO MOCKTAIL/ COCKTAIL
1 scoop Ignite + Mango flavour
Juice of half a lime
Handful ice cubes
Handful (60g) of diced fresh or frozen mango
(Optional) 45mL white rum
(Optional) mint leaves
- Blitz all ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Pour into your favourite cocktail glass and top with a sprig of fresh mint for a refreshing afternoon drink
The organic nootropic ingredients in Ignite+ help to improve mental focus and enhance energy levels, making this drink the perfect afternoon pick-me-up on Christmas Day. Enjoy responsibly!
MOCKTAIL: CALS 50 P2g F1g C7g
COCKTAIL: CALS 104 P2g F1g C7g